Pirates vs. Ninja Rant

Go down

Pirates vs. Ninja Rant

Post by Rip van Winkle on Wed May 28, 2008 1:11 pm

I am getting tired of the debate, so pirates and ninja have different views and so they are part of this raging debate. Well, I think it is time to end it.

1. Pirates have their good moments, as do Ninja
2. They are both over done cosplays
3. One Piece and Naruto make horrible examples (A least try something that isn't Pirates of the Carribean, try some of the classic pirate films when making the argument, Treasure Island or something. Ninja Scroll is a good example of a Ninja film, or even better, Azumi)
4. Timelines don't work (Ninja and Pirates existed in the same time periods, though I don't think pirates were stupid enough to land their boats in Japan without being killed) Using historical accounts would work, if you have a good source ie books and historical documentations of incidents.
5. No using just the argument, "They just are" because you have to at least have some sense of defense.

I think that clearifies some problems.
Rip van Winkle
Admin

View user profile http://freecosplayersrocky.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Pirates vs. Ninja Rant

Post by Matareno on Wed May 28, 2008 1:30 pm

Rip van Winkle wrote:I am getting tired of the debate, so pirates and ninja have different views and so they are part of this raging debate. Well, I think it is time to end it.

1. Pirates have their good moments, as do Ninja
2. They are both over done cosplays
3. One Piece and Naruto make horrible examples (A least try something that isn't Pirates of the Carribean, try some of the classic pirate films when making the argument, Treasure Island or something. Ninja Scroll is a good example of a Ninja film, or even better, Azumi)
4. Timelines don't work (Ninja and Pirates existed in the same time periods, though I don't think pirates were stupid enough to land their boats in Japan without being killed) Using historical accounts would work, if you have a good source ie books and historical documentations of incidents.
5. No using just the argument, "They just are" because you have to at least have some sense of defense.

I think that clearifies some problems.

Another debate would be Pirates and Indians, some people think that the two don't go together because we all seem to have that cowboys and insians stuck in are heads. Well Indians have been around longer then cowboys and they did coexist with pirates. So yes the two do go together.
Matareno
Sword Swallower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rip van Winkle on Wed May 28, 2008 1:32 pm

Very well noted, I just get tired of the argument about Pirates vs. Ninja, it is very old and very annoying.
Rip van Winkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosplayer X on Wed May 28, 2008 2:31 pm

Yes it is getting old, what next. Who is better Kirk or Picard? Oh wait they alredy have done that one.
Cosplayer X
pocky user

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbit on Wed May 28, 2008 9:51 pm

The reason Pirates vs Ninjas has been going on so long is because it's amusing to see the differences. Loud and annoying vs zen and agile. It's the ying and yang of geekdoms. There will always be something to debate over.
I think it's why I like the yin-yar shirt. "Be Zen or walk the plank!"
Though personally, Ninjas. But I have a reason.

Rabbit
pocky user

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rip van Winkle on Wed May 28, 2008 10:30 pm

I know, but after awhile, the Narutards get on my nerves and I have to remind them that Ninjas are not everything. There are other things that exist that are outside Naruto.
Rip van Winkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbit on Wed May 28, 2008 11:13 pm

Naruto is a totally different story. Naruto is not a ninja, and will never be a ninja in my mind. I know no ninjas that wear bright orange or pink.
*grits teeth* eeeeeevvvvviiiiillll

Rabbit
pocky user

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rip van Winkle on Thu May 29, 2008 8:21 am

Of course its evil! Somehow the Narutards drive me bananas now, and I used to watch the show because it made me laugh, now I only want to see Shippuuden. Though I'm more of a vampire person so I would rather see what would happen if Sasuke was a vampire, but that's just me.

I just think that it is time to put to rest the argument about pirates and Ninja.
Rip van Winkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Capt. Bob on Thu May 29, 2008 1:18 pm

I understand your frustration at the whole thing, but the Pirate vs. Ninja debate is all just for shits and giggles. Also it makes for a great, if not gastronomically incorrect, cocktail (just mix Sake and Rum). It's like Captain Henry Morgan fighting Ryu Hayabusa in your belly!

Capt. Bob Marshall.
Callsign: Sideshow
Fandom's Bane
Capt. Bob
pocky user

View user profile http://www.yougotrickrolled.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rip van Winkle on Fri May 30, 2008 5:05 am

I don't drink, so I don't know what you're saying.
Rip van Winkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodrio on Fri May 30, 2008 11:10 am

I agree with Capt. Bob. I think it's funny to watch people argue it out, and I must admit that I do join in often times.
In my opinion, no, Naruto is not a ninja, One Piece is over-quoted, I guess, as well.

In my own opinion, I think it's a bit annoying when people talk about how stupid the argument is and how annoying it is and how everyone should just stop because nobody cares. That's almost as annoying as listening to the actual argument. As people have said, it's just for fun.
I agree with the first 3 points Rip van Winkle posted. Yes, they are overdone cosplays, yes, they both have good points, and yes, Naruto and One Piece make bad examples. I think the point of the argument though, is simply just to state why you think which one is better due to... common-day... terminology, I guess. I don't think half as many people would like pirates if the Pirates of the Caribbean movie didn't come out. And I don't think half as many people would like ninjas if Naruto didn't get released in America. I think the main thing is, people like ninjas just due to the 'all black, stealthy silent, kill everyone' look. While some people like pirates because they're 'bright, and have fun, and run around a lot, and get treasure'.
I don't know, though. I think it's just for fun, and it's fun to participate or at least listen to it (as long as it isn't a bunch of Narutards fighting. THAT's annoying.) And I think listening to people trying to break up the debate is a bit annoying because it will never be solved. People will like what they like.
Dodrio
pocky user

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rip van Winkle on Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:21 am

Very well noted, it is a good idea to remember that there are reasons why the argument is just for fun.
Rip van Winkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down