Free Cosplayers of the Rocky Mountains
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

good cosplay, bad cosplay

+3
Cosplayer X
Rip van Winkle
Matareno
7 posters

Go down

good cosplay, bad cosplay Empty good cosplay, bad cosplay

Post by Matareno Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:36 am

Ok so I thought I'd talk about good and bad cosplay. Some cosplayers think that are all it, you know better then everyone else have a stick up their butt additude. There are some people I know who are like this most of them go to Nan Desu Kan, This group is not like that we are not the kind of people that act like their better then others are. I've seen some cosplayers that do a good job and spend very little money doing so, I mostly modify my costumes from stuff I find at the thrift store and some are hot glued which turn out just fine and look amazing. In the coming weeks I will be shareing some of my costume and prop biulding it the forum.
Matareno
Matareno
Sword Swallower

Back to top Go down

good cosplay, bad cosplay Empty Re: good cosplay, bad cosplay

Post by Rip van Winkle Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:59 am

True, I like being more inclusive and want all forms of cosplay to be explored. I don't know why that group doesn't realize that cosplay is more than just what they think, it is a form of art in some sense.
Rip van Winkle
Rip van Winkle
Admin

https://freecosplayersrocky.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

good cosplay, bad cosplay Empty cosplayers

Post by Cosplayer X Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:04 am

Its because people are idoits. They think that they can do a better job because they have rich familys and get babyed all their lives. That is how you get kids like the jocks in school and the prissy type girls.
Cosplayer X
Cosplayer X
pocky user

Back to top Go down

Post by Rip van Winkle Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:29 pm

Cosplayer X wrote:Its because people are idoits. They think that they can do a better job because they have rich familys and get babyed all their lives. That is how you get kids like the jocks in school and the prissy type girls.

I wouldn't put it like that, but I would say that is pretty much the truth, sad isn't it? Well, there are so many more fun things to do in cosplay that I noticed they haven't explored entirely. Have you noticed that they are using animes and things that are fluffy. I have seen cosplayers who use dark and almost scary characters for costuming, while some groups are using just light and fluffy, that's the best I can describe right now, I'm not entirely awake.
Rip van Winkle
Rip van Winkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosplayer X Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:23 am

Admin wrote:
Cosplayer X wrote:Its because people are idoits. They think that they can do a better job because they have rich familys and get babyed all their lives. That is how you get kids like the jocks in school and the prissy type girls.

I wouldn't put it like that, but I would say that is pretty much the truth, sad isn't it? Well, there are so many more fun things to do in cosplay that I noticed they haven't explored entirely. Have you noticed that they are using animes and things that are fluffy. I have seen cosplayers who use dark and almost scary characters for costuming, while some groups are using just light and fluffy, that's the best I can describe right now, I'm not entirely awake.

Something dark? Like Zombies or something like that?
Cosplayer X
Cosplayer X
pocky user

Back to top Go down

Post by Rip van Winkle Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:11 am

Cosplayer X wrote:
Admin wrote:

Something dark? Like Zombies or something like that?

Well, that could be a possibility, Zombies and vampires are usually the best at times.
Rip van Winkle
Rip van Winkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:50 pm

Two pet peeves:

Egotistical people with manservents and groupies. These just tick me off; when we ask a question, please just answer the question or politely excuse yourself, eh?

That said, another pet peeve is when someone who wasn't invited into a photoshoot "ninja" their way in. (Ironically, these are usually Naruto cosplayers in my experience...) We don't dislike you, but it is rude to butt one's way into a photoshoot.

Squall
Peon

Back to top Go down

Post by Matareno Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:44 pm

Squall wrote:Two pet peeves:

Egotistical people with manservents and groupies. These just tick me off; when we ask a question, please just answer the question or politely excuse yourself, eh?

That said, another pet peeve is when someone who wasn't invited into a photoshoot "ninja" their way in. (Ironically, these are usually Naruto cosplayers in my experience...) We don't dislike you, but it is rude to butt one's way into a photoshoot.

Naruto cosplayers, you mean the ninja who jumped ship? why else do they whear life preservers?
Matareno
Matareno
Sword Swallower

Back to top Go down

Post by Curucar Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:58 am

My two biggest peeves at the moment are:

Bad Death Note cosplayers. There's soooo many. x_x I think that I've encountered two or so good Ls since the series became popular, and only one good group.

Satin abusers. STAY AWAY FROM TEH SHINY! Satin ONLY looks good on ballgowns IF it is used properly! And even then, it's the super-expensive stuff, not the crap Hallowe'en stuff.
Curucar
Curucar
Lvl. 10 mage

http://www.curucarscosplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rip van Winkle Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:50 am

Curucar wrote:My two biggest peeves at the moment are:

Bad Death Note cosplayers. There's soooo many. x_x I think that I've encountered two or so good Ls since the series became popular, and only one good group.

Satin abusers. STAY AWAY FROM TEH SHINY! Satin ONLY looks good on ballgowns IF it is used properly! And even then, it's the super-expensive stuff, not the crap Hallowe'en stuff.

That I will have to agree with, some of the bad cosplays of Death Note is a little scary, but I don't know how anyone could screw up L, but I have seen it done and it is just scary.
Rip van Winkle
Rip van Winkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Matareno Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:23 am

Rip van Winkle wrote:
Curucar wrote:My two biggest peeves at the moment are:

That I will have to agree with, some of the bad cosplays of Death Note is a little scary, but I don't know how anyone could screw up L, but I have seen it done and it is just scary.

Screw up L? Well after the invterview of L, I probily could. But don't worry I wont cosplay as L. Too strange for me
Matareno
Matareno
Sword Swallower

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodrio Thu May 01, 2008 5:52 am

Rip van Winkle wrote:That I will have to agree with, some of the bad cosplays of Death Note is a little scary, but I don't know how anyone could screw up L, but I have seen it done and it is just scary.
As an L cosplayer, I can say that it is very easy to screw up his costume but even easier to not stay in character.
Have you ever tried to find just a plain white shirt that he wears, yet avoid it being see-through, too tight, or too baggy? Same with finding the pants. They have to be a certain shade and remain baggy, yet not so baggy as they fall off (that was probably my worst issue with L. The pants I had didn't fit me xD ). And his hair is a certain way that as simple as it is, is kind of hard to style correctly.
I enjoy dressing as L though. I'm glad I've gotten to use his costume as much as I have in the few months that I've had it. I spent 4ish hours shopping around to find the correct shirt and pants. In the end I didn't even have the right pants, but it was still fun.
If you were at Anime Wasabi on Friday, I was the short L with the ripped jeans and the "I'm with Kira" sign.
---
I've also gotta agree with the satin stuff. I had read it in Dramacon and then when my friend told me she was gonna make her costume out of satin, I asked her if she really wanted to do that. Everyone has always told me not to make costumes out of satin because they turn out bad when photographed, but the ones I've seen have been okay. My friend tells me the real reason people shouldn't use satin though is because it's hard to sew, though. But I don't like satin that much. The shininess is distracting though. People will make really advanced costumes yet make it out of satin, so I'll be too busy looking at the satin to notice the details. That's what I don't like about satin.
Dodrio
Dodrio
pocky user

Back to top Go down

Post by Rip van Winkle Thu May 01, 2008 12:57 pm

Dodrio wrote:
Rip van Winkle wrote:That I will have to agree with, some of the bad cosplays of Death Note is a little scary, but I don't know how anyone could screw up L, but I have seen it done and it is just scary.
As an L cosplayer, I can say that it is very easy to screw up his costume but even easier to not stay in character.
Have you ever tried to find just a plain white shirt that he wears, yet avoid it being see-through, too tight, or too baggy? Same with finding the pants. They have to be a certain shade and remain baggy, yet not so baggy as they fall off (that was probably my worst issue with L. The pants I had didn't fit me xD ). And his hair is a certain way that as simple as it is, is kind of hard to style correctly.
I enjoy dressing as L though. I'm glad I've gotten to use his costume as much as I have in the few months that I've had it. I spent 4ish hours shopping around to find the correct shirt and pants. In the end I didn't even have the right pants, but it was still fun.
If you were at Anime Wasabi on Friday, I was the short L with the ripped jeans and the "I'm with Kira" sign.
---
I've also gotta agree with the satin stuff. I had read it in Dramacon and then when my friend told me she was gonna make her costume out of satin, I asked her if she really wanted to do that. Everyone has always told me not to make costumes out of satin because they turn out bad when photographed, but the ones I've seen have been okay. My friend tells me the real reason people shouldn't use satin though is because it's hard to sew, though. But I don't like satin that much. The shininess is distracting though. People will make really advanced costumes yet make it out of satin, so I'll be too busy looking at the satin to notice the details. That's what I don't like about satin.

Wow, I think I did see you, I was dressed up as Haruhi from Ouran High School Host Club.
Rip van Winkle
Rip van Winkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbit Sat May 03, 2008 11:01 pm

People who cop out when they almost had is flawless. They could have the best costume every. Well set, nice form, perfect colors... and forget about styling their hair or make up. O.o I just want to poke them and ask why. It could have made people swoon more so if they did just that last little thing.
Also, Wrinkles. I'm not talking the, "I've worn this for 8 hours" wrinkles. I'm talking about the, "Just pulled this out of my bag and didn't grab an iron" Wrinkles. All hotels come with irons and it's not that hard to spend 10 minutes smoothing out the fabric.

Rabbit
pocky user

Back to top Go down

Post by Rip van Winkle Sat May 03, 2008 11:36 pm

Rabbit wrote:People who cop out when they almost had is flawless. They could have the best costume every. Well set, nice form, perfect colors... and forget about styling their hair or make up. O.o I just want to poke them and ask why. It could have made people swoon more so if they did just that last little thing.
Also, Wrinkles. I'm not talking the, "I've worn this for 8 hours" wrinkles. I'm talking about the, "Just pulled this out of my bag and didn't grab an iron" Wrinkles. All hotels come with irons and it's not that hard to spend 10 minutes smoothing out the fabric.

Good point, makeup and such are always important, a little time does help. Not to mention makes the costume a lot better. Though I have been lucky, most of my costumes never seem to require makeup that much.
Rip van Winkle
Rip van Winkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Matareno Sun May 04, 2008 8:33 am

Rip van Winkle wrote:
Rabbit wrote:People who cop out when they almost had is flawless. They could have the best costume every. Well set, nice form, perfect colors... and forget about styling their hair or make up. O.o I just want to poke them and ask why. It could have made people swoon more so if they did just that last little thing.

Good point, makeup and such are always important, a little time does help. Not to mention makes the costume a lot better. Though I have been lucky, most of my costumes never seem to require makeup that much.

I know that the costume I'm entering in the masters cosplay contest will not need ironing or makeup, I may need a drinking hose however.
Matareno
Matareno
Sword Swallower

Back to top Go down

Post by Norazo S Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:45 pm

Absolutely agree..

Norazo S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content