Free Cosplayers of the Rocky Mountains
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4th of July

3 posters

Go down

Ban fireworks?

4th of July Vote_lcap0%4th of July Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
4th of July Vote_lcap100%4th of July Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 5 ]
4th of July Vote_lcap0%4th of July Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

4th of July Empty 4th of July

Post by Matareno Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:40 am

What are you doing for the 4th of July? Some of my friends and i are going to Black Hawk, small towns put on the best firework displays and are the best in the mountians.

Some restrictions on fireworks should there be?

Since the 4th is in a few days I thought it would be good to talk about this. In some towns there banns on what kind of fireworks you can have, where I'm currenly living you can't have anything that leaves the ground or explodes. Somoke bombs are ok, I like smoke bombs their good for getting rid of unwanted bugs, but in Aurora you can't have smoke bombs.
I feel that fireworks should not be banned, we are celibrateing are independance from England and what Amerian dosn't like to things that go boom?

What are your thoughts on this? Ban fireworks, or don't ban them?
Matareno
Matareno
Sword Swallower

Back to top Go down

4th of July Empty Re: 4th of July

Post by Curucar Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:54 am

People who get their fingers blown off deserve it (most of the time-- there ARE freak accidents with short fuses). You light the thing and get a few feet away and you're good! It dosn't take that much effort to be safe around the common fireworks.

I think that Ft Collins also has a ban on smokebombs, but we just do 'em in our back yard. XD And get the good fireworks from Wyoming (but there's a TON of stands set up in Longmont)

I'm going camping for the 4th; leaving with some family midday on the 3rd so we get a camping spot with trees that haven't been eaten by beetles (a few miles northwest of Walden. No fireworks for us this year since we're staying in a national forest.
Curucar
Curucar
Lvl. 10 mage

http://www.curucarscosplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rip van Winkle Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:08 pm

So true, but I'm going out to Black Hawk to see what's going on there, though there is a chance I might win big, you never know. Anyway, I hope that some peopel will join us.

And anyway its just going to be with my friends and some of the "of age" members of the Free Cosplayers of the Rocky Mountains staff.
Rip van Winkle
Rip van Winkle
Admin

https://freecosplayersrocky.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Matareno Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:37 pm

Everyone thanks for your feedback. Have a Happy Independence Day! Have fun, don't blow yourself up. If the aliens attack today we are all doomed.
Matareno
Matareno
Sword Swallower

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:27 pm

Fireworks shouldn't be illegal just because some idiots have to hurt themselves or others with them and use them as arson tools.

Back to top Go down

Post by Curucar Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:28 am

Entertaining story: my sister drove to WY to get some good fireworks, so mum and her were setting simple things like smokebombs and snakes off during the day. Somebody called the cops on them, so there was a patrole car circling our caul de sac every few hours the rest of the day.

BOO FIREWORKS BAN.
Curucar
Curucar
Lvl. 10 mage

http://www.curucarscosplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum